From 2020 all new Jaguar Land Rover vehicles will be electrified. The company made the announcement at its inaugural Tech Fest, a series of debates and a free public exhibition about the future of mobility.
- Commitment to electrification demonstrated with new electric models from Jaguar’s past, present and future at inaugural Tech Fest event
- Past – iconic Jaguar E-type now electrified for the 21st century
- Present – all-new electric Jaguar I-PACE Concept, the SUV that combines a supercar silhouette with sports car performance, goes on sale next year
- Future – visionary FUTURE-TYPE virtual concept imagines autonomous, connected, electric and shared mobility for 2040 and beyond
- Jaguar Land Rover Tech Fest takes place at Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London
- Free-to-enter festival open from Friday 8 September to Sunday 10 September
Jaguar E-type Zero
The electric Jaguar E-type Zero future-proofs one of the world’s most famous cars. Acclaimed by Enzo Ferrari as “the most beautiful car in the world”, the E-type now combines breathtaking design with electric power for the first time. E-type Zero is based on a 1968 Series 1.5 Roadster and features a cutting-edge electric powertrain for 0-60mph in just 5.5sec. It was engineered by Jaguar Classic at the company’s new Classic Works in Warwickshire, UK.
Jaguar I-PACE Concept
With I-PACE we started with a clean sheet and engineered a bespoke, tailored, pure electric SUV from the ground up, creating a beautiful design with everyday practicality. It’s a performance SUV, it looks stunning, is great to drive and will be on sale next year.
The Jaguar FUTURE-TYPE is a vision for the car of 2040 and beyond. The fully autonomous virtual concept explores mobility for the connected world of tomorrow, where vehicles could be shared not owned. With Future Type’s interface you can separately access your different digital orbits of work, family or play, dialing up what you do need, and dialing down what you don’t.